not to mention RED CLEARANCE STICKERS, IN-STORE STARBUCKS, and the overall Target EXPERIENCE. i'm craving Target as we speak.
Target has the best price and quality on the foods, brands, and products we are loyal to. but even with the best pricetag, i've found ways to SAVE EVEN MORE money at Target. on average, i save $12 a week doing these 5 things regularly:
1. coupons i am not an extreme couponer by any means. but i do like to use coupons on products that i already buy. Target has both mobile coupons and printable coupons. i forget to print coupons most of the time. the mobile coupons come to me via text message once a week and it's super simple- i just show the cashier the barcode that appears when i click the link in the text, they scan it, and bam- discount. i frequently check both options to see if they are offering anything on my shopping list, and there are usually at least 3 coupons that i can use each week.
2. Cartwheel app this is my favorite. the Target Cartwheel is like a secret sale. on Cartwheel, there are items marked down 5% or more that aren't otherwise advertised on sale. the Cartwheel sale items are usually Market Pantry, Simply Balanced, or Archer Farms brands, but not always! for instance, we like Hunt's Natural Ketchup with no HFCS. right now with the Cartwheel app i can save 15%! without the Cartwheel app, i pay full price. every week, i make my grocery list and then i go to the Cartwheel app to see what if there is a "secret sale" on anything on my list. i "load up" my Cartwheel with the items i am buying that are discounted. at check-out, i show the cashier my Cartwheel barcode and my grocery total goes down sometimes $5! i have saved $70 since i started using the Cartwheel app in December.
3. Target REDCard Debit it took me a long time to decide to do this, but once i did i am SO GLAD. every time i shop i get 5% off right there at the register. plus, if i shop online at Target.com, i get 5% off AND free shipping. the money comes straight out of the same bank account i would otherwise be using to buy groceries, no extra fees or anything. what's the catch? they might be tracking my purchases. so that they can offer me MORE DISCOUNTS.
4. bring my own bag i try to always remember to bring reusable shopping bags with me to Target because they will take 5 cents off for every bag i use! if my groceries fill 4-5 bags, that's a quarter, people! i know it's not much but it adds up AND saves the planet. all those conference/event swag bags? #reusablebagsFTW
5. price match Target's price match guarantee is super easy and ideal. find the same product elsewhere for cheaper, and pay that price at Target. and you can even use a coupon on top of that. booyah.
i was reading Proverbs 31 this weekend, and like really reading it, studying each word and cross-referencing in different versions...and God impressed on my heart how i can be a "virtuous woman" in today's world. i started looking at my life and the way i spend my time and energy in the context of Proverbs 31, and yada yada yada, this post. i am encouraged to know that God cares about how i research and save money for my family!
She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night. Proverbs 31:16-18
inspecting a field or searching for coupons, energetic, strong, hard-working, making sure to get the best deal...a virtuous woman making the most of it :)