what an incredible month of giving it's been! were you blessed by it like i was? i sure hope so. some of my favorite ways of giving this month were...
· Donating our gently used clothes and furnishings to local charities
· Paying anonymously for other people's orders
· Dropping money in the fireman’s boots and red buckets
· Playing coupon fairy
· Making extra food to give
· Adopting from the Salvation Army Angel Tree
· Packing shoeboxes for Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child
· Bringing extra snacks to share at my son’s preschool
· Giving bigger tips
· Mailing gifts and cards to friends just out of the blue
· Taking the time to start conversations with strangers
· Babysitting for friends
it took big effort on my part to come up with a way to give, but guess what? God did His part and made a way each and every day.
the 30 Day Giving Challenge is technically over, however, i've got a good give momentum going. i don't want to stop.
the sacrifice of giving has a slight sting at first, yes. oh, but the joy it brought to my soul? and the pure thanksgiving that sprung from my heart as a result? each and every time? completely worth it. no sacrifice at all.
i would like to encourage you to visit the 30-Day Giving Challenge website and Facebook page for more inspiration and ideas for giving. pray for ways you can give, too. i was amazed at the *little* ways He showed me i could give. let's keep the giving momentum going strong, friends!