sometimes you have to get ready in a hurry. some mornings you sleep a little later or your little ones need extra attention or you completely forgot about that appointment or someone is stopping by for a surprise visit in 5 minutes or you just ran out of coffee and have to make an emergency Starbucks run. you know those days? those days you have to get ready quick.
on days when i'm already dressed (although not always the case) and everyone else is ready but me (almost always the case) and we have to be out the door 5 minutes ago, these are my 5 favorite things for getting out-the-door-ready quickly:
1. my brown leather Flojos flipflops. seriously these babies look good with just about everything. and somehow the brown leather makes them more fancy then the $2 rubber flipflops. i feel a tad more put-together with these on. they are soooo comfortable. they are light weight and have soft little cushions for arch support. i got mine at Costco but i've seen them on amazon and zappos. throw them on and i'm ready.
2. Everlasting Light Shine Necklace. this sweet little necklace is my everyday go-to now. i love how it's gold and the word shine is sparkly silver. and on the back, it's stamped with PHILIPPIANS 2:15. it's dainty, a simple but pretty accessory for the finishing touch on a basic outfit. i got it at Declare but you can get one at DaySpring.com. the entire Everlasting Light collection is absolutely beautiful. i'm thinking Christmas gifts!
3. peace & calming. ahhhhh. peace & calming is a YoungLiving essential oil blend with two of my favorite scents: orange and patchouli. one whiff of it is like a mental massage. i started using this oil topically to help me sleep better and hopefully prevent me from clenching my jaw in the night. and it has helped! some days, though, especially days when i'm rushing to get ready, i dab a little on the insides of my wrist and behind my ears as a peace & calming perfume. because when i am rushed Lord knows i need some PEACE AND CALMING.
4. hairbun! i call it a bun sponge. you can call it whatever you'd like. put it in your ponytail, roll it down, and you have a pretty hairbun. when i'm in a hurry to get out the door, this is THE EASIEST way to tame my thick, long, layered hair - whether it's wet from just out of the shower, in need of a wash, or somewhere in between. the bun sponge makes a pretty up-do that looks much more put-together than a top-knot or ponytail. although i do love a messy top-knot. :) i found my bun sponge at Forever 21 for less than $2. they come in different sizes, too.
5. The "Wet" Brush. remember when i said i had thick, long, layered hair? i finally found a hairbrush to manage it. i LOVE this hairbrush. my daughter has wavy hair that acts crazy in humidity, and this brush manages her hair, too! it's called The Wet Brush because it safely brushes wet hair without pulling it or stretching it. it also works wonders on dry or tangled hair. i have a Wet Brush and my daughter has a Wet Brush and i'm considering buying a few more because the Wet Brush is one of those things that when you find something that works well, STOCK PILE amiright!? a quick run-through of my hair with The Wet Brush, top it off with the bun sponge, and i am adios amigos.
and one more thing! before rushing out the door, don't forget strength, dignity, and peace:
*affiliate links included