it's going to be a delicious week! just look at that Summer Tortellini, a recipe that i found on RealMomKitchen.com...is your mouth watering yet? mine is. :) click the links for more yummy recipes featured in this week's menu plan. happy cooking!
- sunday: Krusteze multi-grain pancakes, all-natural turkey sausage links & scrambled egg whites
- monday: summer tortellini, ala Real Mom Kitchen (pictured, recipe below)
- tuesday: slowcooker BBQ Coke chicken
- wednesday: cheeseburger pie, this one modified
- thursday: pizza picnic (Newman's Own all-natural frozen pizza)
- friday: shredded chicken nachos, ala A Year of Slow Cooking
- saturday: baked potato bar, ala Martha Stewart
- sunday: leftovers
Summer Tortellini Salad from RealMomKitchen.com (my modifications indicated)
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (I used 2 packages of Buitoni brand)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (I used a can of organic diced petite tomatoes, drained and rinsed)
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (I omitted)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley (I used fresh)
- 1/2 cup you’re favorite ranch dressing (I used Newman's Own Poppy Seed dressing)
- Parmesan Cheese – to taste (I used about a cup of fresh Parmesan. And while we're here let me tell you- fresh is WAY BETTER tasting than the canned, processed stuff.)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water. Place tortellini in a large colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini. chop carrot(s). Cut tomatoes in half and slice green onions. Snip parsley, if using fresh.
- Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing over salad. Grate parmesan cheese over salad. cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings
my weekly menu is linked up at OrgJunkie's Menu Planning Monday.